Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Psalm 23

A Modern translation of Psalm 23, written shortly after I learned the transmission in my car will cost $1,200 to replace:

The Lord is my auto repair man;
I’m not worried about my car.
He steers me onto smooth pavement;
He makes sure my muffler is secure.
He fills my gas tank completely.
His GPS leads me where I have to go,
To the right places in my life,
The places that give Him glory.
Even though I walk through a valley of broken gears
It does not scare me.
For You are my Mechanic.
Your wrench and your socket comfort me.
You repair a transmission before me
Regardless of my doubts.
You pour gear oil over my head;
My fluid levels are full.
Surely smooth shifting and good mileage
Will be mine from now on.
And some day I’ll park this Neon
And walk on holy ground
Forever.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Good rewrite! My brother owns an auto shop. I'll have to share this with him. Praying God provides the money for the transmission. We were truly blessed when the van transmission went (for the 2nd time) 2 weeks before the warranty would have expired.

Keep up the good writing! :)