Wednesday, July 9, 2008

In the Mines in Montana

I'm blogging from the small town of Boulder, Montana. This is my third or fourth year here, but my wife's family has been coming here every year for a lot longer. Our purpose for our visit is pretty clear; to get better, to get healing from some of the ailments we suffer. Some of us struggle with arthritis, some with fibromyalgia. I have a long-standing battle with psorisasis.

The cure is pretty simple; we spend several hours a day in the shaft of a healing mine, breathing in radon that is produced by the breakdown of uranium. The mine is named the Free Enterprise Health Mine and it has been open for a long time.

I know, you're freaking about the radon, but don't. There is tons of sustantive evidence that the radon gas scare is just that, a scare. The amounts of radon we would need to inhale to actually harm us is immense; we would have to live in a mine for several decades.

The owner of the mine is Pat Lewis; her father was the original owner. The history of healing that goes on here is amazing, cataloged in large books in the Mine office. Even more amazing is the story those who are here have to tell, people who have seen the healing take place, people who also come back year after year.

We've got about 14 hours of treatment in and the psoriasis on my knees is gone. My ears have healed and the scales have flaked off my elbows. I can see that all of us are moving better, sleeping better, getting better.

It just reminds me of the amazing healing properties God has built into our bodies, and how we often forget about them, getting lost in our world of pills and drugs.

No comments: